It’s September! My second favorite month of the year. I would have to say that my first favorite month is October but September is close behind! With September comes apples, baking, apple picking, the changing of leaves, sweater weather, and so much more. These Apple Cider Coffee Cake Muffins are the perfect treat to kick off one of the best months. They’re indulgent, delicious, and the perfect snack or dessert for any crowd.
Where does coffee cake get its name?
The history of coffee cake is pretty funny if you ask me. By its name you would think there was coffee or ground coffee in the recipe. However, that’s not the case at all! The reason coffee cake got its name is because it is most often enjoyed with a cup of coffee. Go figure!
How to make this recipe
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 350.
- In a saucepan, simmer 2C of apple cider until you have 1C left. This will increase its flavor!
- Once the apple cider is cooled, combine the ingredients in a large bowl and make sure not to over mix. When you over mix a batter with regular flour, your baked good will often come out chewy.
- Add the batter into your muffin tin with liners and then make the topping!
- Crumble the topping on top of each muffin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before digging in!
Can these muffins be made Gluten-Free?
Although I have not tested this, I imagine you can replace the flour with gluten-free flour! Just follow the ratio instructions. If you try this out let me know in the comments below so I can update the recipe for others!
Store these muffins in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months. When you want to enjoy a muffin simply pop it in the microwave for about 20 seconds and enjoy it warm! Step this dessert up a notch by pairing this muffin with a bowl of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel.Print
These Apple Cider Coffee Cake Muffins taste just like Fall feels. They’re cozy, fluffy, and remind me just why I love the Fall!
2C White Flour
1/2C Butter, melted & cooled
2C Apple Cider (reduce to 1C in a saucepan)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon All Spice
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1C Chopped Apples
1/2C Coconut Sugar
1/2C Chopped & Glazed Pecans
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
4 Tbsp Melted Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Reduce the apple cider from 2C to 1C by simmering in a saucepan for about 20 minutes. This will increase the flavor!
- Once the apple cider is cooled, combine your ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the batter to a lined tin.
- Make your crumble topping and add on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes and let cool before enjoying!
Keywords: Apple, Fall, Coffee Cake