What is better than a breakfast that tastes like a dessert? Pretty much nothing, am I right? These Apple Pie Stove Top Oats taste just like an Apple Pie… I’m not kidding. I’ve been making them almost everyday for breakfast and I’m pretty much obsessed. The flavors remind me of Fall and apple picking which is my favorite party about the Fall season!
Oatmeal is definitely my favorite breakfast ever! One thing I love about oats is the fact that they can be batch cooked for a crowd. They can also be batch cooked for meal prep! I love meal prepping my oats because personally I believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I’m the type of person who wakes up hungry and excited for breakfast so meal prepping ensures my day is ready to go.
Ingredients you’ll need to make Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Rolled Oats
- Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- Cinnamon or Apple Pie Spice
- Collagen (optional)
- Apples (sliced or chopped)
Ingredients to top your Apple Pie Oatmeal with
- Nut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Coconut butter
- Greek yogurt (kind of similar to ice-cream on apple pie??? Okay that’s kind of a stretch!)
How long does Stove Top Oatmeal take to make?
It’s important to note that this Apple Pie Stove Top Oatmeal calls for Rolle Oats and not Quick Oats. Using one of the other will produce significantly different results! I like cooking stove top oats because it gives you the most control over the texture of your oatmeal. There is something to be said about the perfect oatmeal texture. Too much liquid and you have chunky oatmeal soup. Not enough liquid and you have hard, undercooked oats. Cook your oatmeal too long and it will become thick sludge.
I like to stick to 1/2:1 oats to liquid and add more liquid if need be. The other good thing about cooking oatmeal on the stove top is if you accidentally add too much liquid, you can cook the oats a bit longer and cook the liquid off. My advice would be to stop cooking when you’ve reached YOUR desired texture.Print
These Apple Pie Stove Top Oats are quick, easy and taste just like an apple pie! Who doesn’t love apple pie for breakfast? This recipe encompasses all of the best Fall flavors like cinnamon, apples and oats. With apples cooked into the oats and poured on top, you’ll get an apple in every bite!
- Add your oats, almond milk, collagen, vanilla, cinnamon and 1/4 of your apple chopped into small pieces.
- Cook on medium – low heat until your oats are fluffy to your liking and add more milk as needed.
- While your oats are cooking, saute the other 1/2 of your apple cut into slices in coconut oil and cinnamon.
- Pour your oats into a bowl and top with your apple slices and other toppings of your choice like nut butter, chopped pecans or maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: Recipe, breakfast, oatmeal, apple pie
If you liked these Apple Pie Stove Top Oats , check out these other oat recipes: