I guess you could say I’m on a granola making kick but this Cashew Butter Trail Mix Granola has me drooling! One thing I love about making my own granola is the fact that I can make them into super large chunks. One of my favorite ways to eat this granola is in a bowl with milk, just like a bowl of cereal! Super simple, just like this recipe.
I enjoy making granola because there aren’t really any rules. If it comes out a little too soft, it’s still edible. If it comes out a little too crunchy, that’s fine too. In reality, presentation doesn’t really need to be there because you’re just tossing it in a bowl of yogurt or in a bowl with milk. I guess you can say it’s the perfect lazy girl baked good! Right up my alley!
You just need 8 ingredients to make this Cashew Butter Trail Mix Granola (and you probably have most of these ingredients in your pantry already!):
How to know when your granola is done:
Although granola making is super easy, it’s also really easy to burn. So my number 1 tip is to keep an eye on it! If it does get a little crispy on the edges, that’s totally fine! Just mix those pieces into the middle so that they don’t turn black.Print
This Cashew Butter Trail Mix Granola is the perfect breakfast or snack. Add to your oatmeal, granola or simple eat it in a bowl with milk!
2C Rolled Oats
1C Mixed Nuts
1/4C Cashew Butter
1/4C Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
4 Scoops Collagen
Pinch of Sea Salt
- Pre-heat your oven to 325 and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a small sauce pot, add your cashew butter, coconut oil and honey. Heat until all ingredients are incorporated (do not boil).
- Once your ingredients begin to combine, add the ginger, vanilla and collagen.
- When the mixture is smooth, remove from the heat and add to a large bowl with your oats and mixed nuts.
- Mix together and then add to your baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- Spread into a flat layer on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- If the edges of the granola begin to burn, move the granola around and fold the darkened edges into the middle.
- Bake for 10-12 more minutes and remove from the oven.
- Let cool completely and then break into pieces.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 22-24 minutes