These Crispy Glazed Teriyaki Chicken Tenders are the PERFECT Super Bowl Sunday snack! They’re easy to make, absolutely delicious and such a crowd pleaser. What’s the secret you ask? CORN FLAKES!
Superbowl snacks are always a hit but stuffing your face full of fried food can really take a toll the next day! That’s why a couple of years ago I started to healthify some of my favorite Super Bowl snacks like these baked chicken tenders and Buffalo Cauliflower Bites! They taste just as good and you don’t wake up with that weird fried food handover the next day.
Why I love this recipe…
There are a few recipes that I go back to time and time again… these are definitely one of them! I love that these tenders can be made plain just by omitting the teriyaki sauce or made buffalo by using hot sauce instead. The possibilities are endless.
These Chicken Tenders check all the boxes for me:
- Easy to follow directions
- Simple ingredients that aren’t hard to find
- Oven baked rather than fried
- Easy clean up
- The perfect snack, lunch or dinner
Ingredients for Teriyaki Chicken Tenders
These Crispy Glazed Teriyaki Chicken Tenders are easy to make, delicious and such a crowd pleaser!
1–2lb Chicken Tenders
2–3C Corn Flakes, Crushed
1–2 Eggs, Beaten
1/2–1C Teriyaki Sauce
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
Sesame Seeds for Garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 425
- Crack and beat your eggs in a bowl
- Crush up your corn flakes and mix with garlic powder
- Dip your tenders in flour, dredge in your egg mixture and then coat in the corn flakes
- Place on a greased baking wrack on top of a baking sheet (to keep them crispy!)
- Bake for 15 Minutes, flipping halfway through
- Remove and coat in Teriyaki sauce, bake for another 3 minutes and then switch to broil for the last 2 minutes. (NOTE: You’ll want a thicker, sticky teriyaki sauce. If you get a more liquidity sauce, put in a pan over medium heat and simmer until it thickens. You can even add a slurry.)
- Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
The amount of your ingredients will depend on if you’re using 1 or 2lbs of chicken.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes