These Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies are a deliciously nutty twist on a classic cookie! They’re slightly crunchy on the outside with an incredible soft and chewy inside. These cookies are easy to make, chocolatey as hell and the perfect cookie for the holiday season.
What is Tahini?
The first time my husband found a jar of Tahini in the pantry, he was so confused! He had never heard of it before. Little did he know, he had eaten it so many times before! So what exactly is Tahini? Tahini is sesame paste. Tahini is especially used in Middle Eastern recipes and popular dishes like hummus! I know what you’re thinking… sesame + chocolate? Hummus + chocolate?! I know it sounds crazy but I swear Tahini is the perfect compliment to desserts, especially chocolate ones. The rich flavor really compliments the sweetness from the chocolate and makes for a lovely combination.
Ingredients for Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies
How To Make Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies
- Prep: Preheat your oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone baking sheet.
- Soften the butter: Remove your butter from the fridge about 30 minutes before baking to allow the butter to soften properly.
- Cream the butter and sugars together
- Add the liquid ingredients: and beat until well incorporated.
- Combine and add remaining dry ingredients. The dough will thicken to a fudgy consistency. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough using a cookie scoop, form your dough into more of a cookie shape and press more chocolate chips into the top. Place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart as the dough will spread.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Other cookie recipes to tryPrint
These Double Chocolate Tahini Cookies are a deliciously nutty twist on a classic cookie! They’re crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside!
1/2C Butter, softened
1C Coconut Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2C Cocoa Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2C Chocolate Chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Combine your wet ingredients first, then add in your dry ingredients
- Scoop your dough, roll into a ball and slightly flatten before laying on your tray
- I like to stick a bunch of chocolate chips on the top before baking for some extra chocolate
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let cool before digging in!
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Keywords: Cookies, Tahini, Chocolate, Holiday Recipes