This Easy Cauliflower Mac N’ Cheese is honestly one of the best things I’ve made TO DATE! The other day I was having bloggers/recipe development block and so I turned to the audience to see what the people wanted!
By the audience I mean my best friend… So I asked: “What recipes would you want to see on my blog? Something you would actually make.”
She responded: “Anything with cauliflower.”
Obviously my eyes grew wide… now that’s something I can do!
Initially when I asked, I was thinking some sort of comfort food. You know, Fall is coming and when the weather changes people start to crave different types of foods. Everyone goes from eating fresh salads to eating roasted vegetables, baked chicken and more potatoes. So when she said cauliflower, the first thing I thought of was Cauliflower Mac N’ Cheese.
I LOVE creating spins on classic dishes to make them healthier. I especially love creating veggies recipes that make them more appealing to people who don’t ordinarily love vegetables. My husband is a classic example of this! He’s not the biggest fan of vegetables and so my skills are seriously tested when I cook for him… which is everyday!
This easy cauliflower recipe is super yummy and my husband demanded I never make cauliflower another way ever again… so I guess he liked it?!
If you’re vegan you can definitely use vegan cheese or a cashew cream with nutritional yeast to get that cheesy taste without the cheese itself. However I’ve never tried this myself so I cannot confirm the taste!Print
1 head of cauliflower
Salt, pepper & garlic powder
Panko bread crumbs
For The Cheese Sauce:
1 Tbsp Butter
2/3C Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/8C Plain Greek yogurt
1/8C Almond milk
Salt & pepper
- Start with a head of cauliflower. Clean and chop into bite sized pieces.
- Toss the pieces in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread onto a baking sheet covered in foil & sprayed with olive oil spray (or any cooking spray) and bake at 450 for 15 minutes
- While the cauliflower is baking, make the cheese sauce!
- Start with 1 Tbsp of butter + your minced garlic in a sauce pan
- Once the butter is melted and the garlic is sauteed, add your cheese, yogurt, almond milk and salt + pepper. Whisk until smooth.
- When the cauliflower is done, transfer to a baking dish (oil the bottom before adding the cauliflower)
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cauliflower, toss and top with panko
- Put back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender