Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and these Freezer Ham and Spinach Breakfast Burritos have kicked my breakfast up a notch! I love everything about breakfast: the early time of day, the sweet and savory foods and especially the coffee! My favorite thing about an early morning weekend is being able to relax and take my time. I can enjoy my breakfast and slowly sip my coffee because usually I don’t have anywhere to be on the weekends. However, during the week it’s a whole other story. I obviously need to eventually make my way to work and so I don’t have as much time to relax. That is why prepping my breakfast is so important to my everyday schedule and sanity.
Being able to just pop a meal into the microwave and quickly pour a cup of coffee allows me way more time to sit and enjoy the morning. I’m usually an overnight oats gal but I tested one of these Freezer Ham and Spinach Breakfast Burritos for future prepped meals and it turned out VERY well. So well that this recipe may have turned me from a sweet breakfast person to a SAVORY breakfast person!Print
Any type of burrito wrap. Could be whole wheat, white, corn, flour, spinach, etc…! I used whole wheat.
2 eggs. You could use egg whites only too!
Handful of spinach.
1 slice uncured ham, sliced into strips.
Salt, pepper & garlic powder.
- Whisk 2 eggs and add your spices.
- Pour egg mixture into the pan along with your spinach and ham.
- Cook until spinach is wilted and eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Place mixture into wrap and roll it up nice and tight.
- Place seam side down on to the pan to crisp a bit and keep the wrap from falling apart.
- Once cooled, wrap in parchment paper or foil and place in a freezer bag.
- Freeze for up to a week and enjoy for breakfast.
- Just pop into the microwave and heat up for a minute and you’ve got a hot breakfast!
If you liked this savory breakfast recipe, try these other breakfast recipes: