Savory dishes cooked with pineapple are severely underrated and this Hawaiian Sausage and Peppers with Pineapple recipe proves just that! I know this isn’t a revolutionary cooking practice. People do it all the time but I personally have never done it much before and I’m so glad I started! This dish is completely out of my comfort zone but it came out so delicious and is perfect for meal prep.
I recently found Aloha Chicken Sausage links with pineapple, ginger and brown sugar by Gilbert’s Craft Sausages at the store. Sounds like a pretty strange flavor combo but I was super intrigued so I bought them! I had no idea how I was going to use them but I knew I wanted to incorporate pineapple somehow. I finally had that “AH HA” moment and realized that peppers and sweet onions were the perfect pair for this dish.
What you will need to make Hawaiian Sausage and Peppers with Pineapple
Aloha Chicken Sausage by Gilbert’s Craft Sausages
Rice – Leftover or Fresh
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
How to make Hawaiian Sausage and Peppers with Pineapple
- Clean and Chop the peppers + onions and sauté in a hot pain with olive oil.
- Slice the chicken sausage and add to the pan once the veggies are halfway cooked.
- Cut up the pineapple into bite sized pieces.
- Add the pineapple to the pan a couple of minutes before you’re ready to remove the veggies + chicken sausage.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and coconut aminos.
- Serve over a bed of rice.
Is Hawaiian Sausage and Peppers with Pineapple healthy?
This recipe is definitely on the healthier side and is so perfect for meal prep. If you want to bulk this recipe up a bit try adding other veggies to the mix like broccoli.
This meal requires only one pan to cook which I love so much (unless you don’t have rice on hand and need to make some fresh). Additionally, this recipe is easy to clean up which husband appreciates too! We have a deal in our household, I cook and he cleans. It’s a great system 🙂Print
This Hawaiian Sausage and Peppers with Pineapple is the perfect quick but unique dinner. Spice up your boring dinner with this Hawaiian themed dish! It’s super easy to make and you only need a few ingredients.
1 package of Aloha Chicken Sausage by Gilbert’s Craft Sausages
1–2 Red Peppers, depending on how big your peppers are
1 Sweet Onion
Rice of your choice
2–3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
- If you’re going to be making fresh rice, boil your water and start cooking your rice first as that takes a bit of time.
- Slice up your onion and peppers and saute in a hot pan with olive oil.
- While those are cooking, slice up your chicken sausages.
- When your peppers and onions are halfway cooked, add your sliced chicken sausages.
- While your mixture is cooking, slice up your pineapple into bite sized pieces.
- When you’re almost ready to remove your mixture, add your pineapple and coconut aminos.
- Remove from heat and scoop onto a bed of rice seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, olive oil and coconut aminos.
The cook time does not include the time it takes to cook your rice.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes