Healthier Almond Milk Chocolate Pudding is a classic and creamy treat that the entire family will love. You’ll feel much better about serving pudding to your family after having made your own with healthier ingredients and less added sugar!
Like other healthier pudding recipes, this recipe does not contain avocado, tofu, banana or pumpkin. Not that there is anything wrong with those recipes! But sometimes you just need actual pudding… minus the dairy.
What ingredients do you need for almond milk chocolate pudding?
How to make chocolate pudding with Almond Milk
- In a medium sized pot over low to medium heat, combine the egg yolks, maple syrup, sea salt, almond milk, cocoa powder and corn starch. Whisk together until slightly frothy.
- Allow to simmer for about 2 minutes, remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour into a bowl and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Top with any and all toppings!
How long does homemade pudding last in the fridge
You should eat your homemade pudding within 5-7 days!
What to top chocolate pudding with?
- Cookie Crumbles (Chocolate chip or Oreos)
- Whipped Cream
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Nutella Drizzle
- White Chocolate Drizzle
- Crushed Peanuts
- Gummy worms (like worms in the mud!!)
- Marshmallow Fluff
Is this recipe healthy?
Healthy in my opinion is a relative term. However, since homemade almond milk chocolate pudding has less ingredients and additives than store bought pudding, I would say it’s a much healthier option! With only 1/4C of maple sugar as the sweetener, comparatively, homemade pudding probably has less sugar as well!Print
Healthier almond milk pudding is dairy-free and the perfect sweet treat!
1.5C Almond Milk
2 Egg Yolks
1/4C Maple Syrup
1/3C Cocoa Powder
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Combine the almond milk, egg yolks, cocoa powder, cornstarch, maple syrup and salt in a sauce pan over low to medium heat and whisk until slightly foamy/bubbly.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Keywords: Pudding, Chocolate, Healthy, Dairy Free