This Instant Pot Chicken and Mushroom Soup is cozy, creamy and the epitome of comfort food. Best of all, it’s super easy to make AND it’s healthy!
There was a time when I did not like mushrooms… CRAZY I know. You may not know this but I’m pretty obsessed with them now so to think there was a time when I refused to eat them is crazy and just plain sad. I also got my husband to try mushrooms for the first time and he fell in love as well. All that to say, we eat a lot of mushrooms in this household!
Soup season is upon us and this Instant Pot Chicken and Mushroom Soup is perfect for the cooler weather that is creeping in. Even better, it’s made in the Instant Pot which makes it so easy to make. I love a good Instant Pot recipe because all you have t do is throw your ingredients in, turn it on and let it do the work for you!
I feel like there are two different types of soup people. A brothy soup person and a creamy soup person. Husband and I are 100% creamy soup people. We love bisques and any type of soup that starts with “cream of”. Even in the summer, when we go out to eat, if the restaurant serves lobster bisque… no matter the temperature, we’re getting it! The wonderful thing about this soup is it’s creamy but broth based making is way healthier than your average creamy soup.
Ingredients for Chicken and Mushroom Soup
Chicken Thighs (or breasts, but I love using thighs… they taste better!)
Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Salt + Pepper
Definitely pair this soup with a toasted slice of sourdough bread and thank me later!Print
This Instant Pot Chicken and Mushroom Soup is creamy, comforting and straight up delicious. Best of all, it’s easy to make and it’s healthy! Winner, winner, chicken soup dinner…!!!
1.5Lbs Chicken Breast or Thighs
10oz Mushrooms, chopped into fours
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1C Chopped Celery
1C Chopped Carrots
5C Vegetable or Chicken Stock
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Pepper
1 teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
1C Uncooked Rice
3 Tbsp Salted Butter
3/4C Almond Milk
- Clean and chop your vegetables
- Turn your Instant Pot to sauté, add some olive oil and then add your onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add your spices, mix to combine and then add your stock, chicken and rice.
- Turn your Instant Pot to High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes are up, let natural release for 10 more minutes.
- While the Instant Pot is naturally releasing, make your rue.
- In a small saucepan, melt your butter and then add your flour and whisk. Let cook for about 2 minutes and then slowly add your milk, continually whisking.
- When the 10 minutes are up, remove your chicken, shred and put back.
- Add the rue and mix.
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Keywords: InstantPot, Soup, Chicken, Fall, Easy