Is there a more refreshing combination than Lemon + Blueberry? These Lemon Blueberry Muffins are the perfect way to start your morning. Whether you have time to sit and drink your coffee or you’re in a rush and on the go, these muffins will not disappoint!
Ingredients for Lemon Blueberry Muffins
All purpose flour
Cream Cheese or Light Cream Cheese
Tips for making the best Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Coat the blueberries in cornstarch
Halfway through baking, place more blueberries on top and put back in the oven
How to make Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Whip the softened cream cheese with the maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest, eggs, vanilla and almond milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Toss the blueberries in cornstarch and fold into the batter.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. When there is 15 minutes left, remove and add blueberries to the tops of the muffins and continue baking.
How to store Muffins
These muffins are best eaten fresh right out of the oven! However if you cannot seem to devour all 12 of your muffins… you can store these in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. When you want a snack, simple cut the muffin in half and toast it until warm. Add a pat of butter to each side and enjoy!Print
Start your morning off with these sunny and refreshing Lemon Blueberry Muffins. Add a pat of butter and toast them up in the toaster oven… you won’t be disappointed.
2+1/4C All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2C Maple Syrup
4oz Cream Cheese or Light Cream Cheese
1/3C Melted Coconut Oil
1/2C Almond Milk
Zest of 2 Lemons
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1C Blueberries + more for the top
1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and spray a cupcake tin with nonstick spray.
- Whip the softened cream cheese with the maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest, eggs, vanilla, and almond milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Toss the blueberries in cornstarch and then fold into the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and add more blueberries to the tops of the muffins. Bake for 15 more minutes.
Keywords: Muffins, Lemon, Blueberry, Summer, Baking