Start your morning off with these sunny and refreshing Lemon Blueberry Muffins. Add a pat of butter and toast them up in the toaster oven… you won’t be disappointed.
2+1/4C All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2C Maple Syrup
4oz Cream Cheese or Light Cream Cheese
1/3C Melted Coconut Oil
1/2C Almond Milk
Zest of 2 Lemons
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1C Blueberries + more for the top
1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 and spray a cupcake tin with nonstick spray.
- Whip the softened cream cheese with the maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon zest, eggs, vanilla, and almond milk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Toss the blueberries in cornstarch and then fold into the batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove and add more blueberries to the tops of the muffins. Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Keywords: Muffins, Lemon, Blueberry, Summer, Baking