When thinking of a word to describe these Pillowy Pumpkin Protein Cookies the only word that came to mind was pillowy. Soft as a cloud. Airy. Heaven. Okay heaven is a stretch but they’re really good I swear!
These Pillowy Pumpkin Protein Cookies have 5g of protein per cookie and are less than 100 calories! The perfect after dinner snack for the Fall season.
They’re even child approved! I love testing healthy baked goods on my 8-year-old niece because I know that if she likes it… it’s good. 1. Because she’s super picky and 2. Because well, she has the palette of a child. I also feel really good about giving her these cookies because they have some protein in them which is super important for her growth and there’s even the benefit of the hidden veggie… pumpkin!
Benefits of pumpkin:
- Super rich in Vitamin A
- High antioxidant content
- Immunity boosting
- Carrots aren’t the only veggie great for eyesight, so is pumpkin!
- Nutrient dense and low in calorie
- GREAT for baking because it’s super moist so may be a great replacement for oil or butter
These Pillowy Pumpkin Protein Cookies are easy to make, actually contain protein and are super soft and delicious. Such a wonderful treat to keep in the fridge for an after dinner snack!
1/2C Wild Friend’s Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Blend or nut butter of your choice, make sure it’s creamy and more on the liquid side.
1/3C collagen (about 4 scoop fulls) – I use Ancient Nutrition
2 Tbsp coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp maple syrup
2 heaping Tbsp pumpkin purée
A good shake of cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Optional: Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine your wet ingredients and then add your dry ingredients. Stir until well combined.
- The batter will be sticky so use 2 spoons to scoop and place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Top with however many chocolate chips you would like and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- That’s it! This recipe doesn’t take long to whip together and honestly what’s better than a quick and easy cookie recipe??? Enjoy!
If you liked this cookie recipe, check out these other cookie recipes: