GUYS I’ve actually surprised myself with these Pumpkin Coconut Butter Cups! I have recently discovered Eating Evolved Keto Cups and they have easily become my favorite after dinner sweet treat. So naturally as all things pumpkin are in season right now, I decided that I had to recreate them with a bit of a Fall spin.
I pretty much love pumpkin spice E V E R Y T H I N G. Some people hate me for that but the haters won’t keep me down! I’m so glad I decided to dabble with this Pumpkin Coconut Butter Cups recipe because they came out better than I could have ever expected. When my mom tried these she did the classic “you made these?!” Yes mom, yes I did!
What You Will Need for your Pumpkin Coconut Butter Cups:
Chocolate: Use whichever type of chocolate you like! For my first batch I used Eating Evolved 100% cacao and for the second batch I used 1/2 Eating Evolved Crunchy Caramel which is 85% cacao and 1/2 Ghirardelli 100% cacao bar. I was running low on chocolate so I just used what I had! Both tasted delicious. It really depends on your taste buds and how dark you like your chocolate. 100% cacao chocolate has no sugar in it and therefore is VERY bitter. If you’re not used to that or you’re not a fan of seriously dark chocolate, it I would use something a bit sweeter like milk chocolate or even white chocolate.
Coconut butter: I used Artisana raw coconut butter. You can also use the Eating Evolved roasted coconut butter. Their roasted coconut butter has the most amazing flavor that would go really well with the Fall flavor theme.
Pumpkin puree: Make sure you’re using pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling! Unless you want to use pumpkin pie filling in which case, that would probably taste really good. Pumpkin pie filling just has other ingredients besides just plain ole’ pumpkin.
Almond butter: I personally think almond butter goes much better with pumpkin but if you do not have almond butter, peanut butter will work here as well.
Pumpkin pie spice: You can buy it or make your own!
Maple Syrup: I like using maple syrup as the sugar in this recipe because I really like the combination of maple + pumpkin. You could use regular white sugar, honey or even coconut sugar if you have it.
Silicone cupcake molds: You’ll need these to hold the shape of the cup!Print
These Pumpkin Coconut Butter Cups are the perfect treat to keep in the freezer for when you’re craving something sweet. They’re super easy to make and there’s something about making your own coconut butter cups that makes you feel so accomplished!
2 bars of your favorite Chocolate
2 Tbsp Coconut butter
2 Tbsp Pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp Almond butter
1 teaspoon Pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
Silicone cupcake molds – measurements will be different if you’re using smaller molds
- Arrange your cupcake molds onto a baking sheet or plate that will fit into your fridge or freezer.
- Melt your chocolate however you feel comfortable. I used a microwave and heated the bowl at 15 second intervals until smooth and creamy. Make sure not to burn your chocolate!
- Put 2 teaspoons of chocolate at the bottom of your cupcake molds and pop them into the fridge or freezer until solid.
- While your chocolate is hardening, make your mixture. Mix the pumpkin puree, coconut butter, almond butter, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl and combine.
- Remove your cups from the fridge or freezer and add 1 tablespoon of the mixture to each mold on top of the hardened chocolate. This step depends on how big you want your cups to be. If you want them large add more filling, but the batch will make less. If you want smaller cups, add less filling.
- Cover the filling with more melted chocolate. Enough so that the filling is completely covered.
- Pop back into the fridge or freezer and remove when solid. Store these in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: Coconut Butter Cups, Peanut Butter Cups, Chocolate, Candy, Dessert