One thing I love about oats is that they’re completely customizable and therefore they never get old. You can make them on the stove top, make overnight oats or make them in the microwave. These Pumpkin Stove Top Oats are perfect for the Fall season, a complete crowd pleaser and super easy to make. Stove top oats don’t require much time or many ingredients which make it such a simple breakfast and perfect for everyday. Who doesn’t love a simple breakfast?!
I’ve said this before but Fall is my favorite season. Besides apple picking, my other favorite Fall activity is pumpkin picking! To be honest I’m not very about carving them (I’m not very artistic), but I love baking with pumpkin! Besides baking, you can make so many other things with pumpkin:
- Oats (like this recipe!)
- Pasta sauce
The list goes ON.
What you’ll need for this pumpkin oats recipe:
- Rolled Oats
- Almond Milk
- Collagen (optional)
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pumpkin Puree
Which oats should you use?
There are a few different types of oats you can choose from when making your oatmeal:
- Rolled Oats: Or old-fashioned oats have gone through a steaming and flattening process making them more absorbent with a softer texture. They have a more mild flavor and take less time to prepare as they’ve been partially cooked.
- Steel-Cut Oats: Also known as Irish oatmeal is more closely related to the original, unprocessed oats. They have a coarser, chewier texture with a nutty flavor.
- Quick Oats: These go through further processing so they cook in less time. They have a mild flavor and a soft, mushy texture.
These Pumpkin Stove Top Oats have the perfect amount of pumpkin flavor without over-doing it. They’re so festive and perfect for the Fall season. They’re also perfect for these cold Fall mornings we have right now!
1/2C Rolled Oats
1C Almond Milk
1 scoop Vanilla Collagen
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbsp pumpkin puree
Optional toppings: chocolate chips, nut butter, bananas or pumpkin O’s from TJ’s!
- Add your oats, almond milk, collagen, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree to a sauce pan and stir over medium to low heat.
- Cook until fluffy and add almond milk as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and add your toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: breakfast, pumpkin pie, recipe
If you like these Pumpkin Stove Top Oats, you’ll love these: