Quick and Easy Turkey Chili made with lean ground turkey, black beans and corn. This recipe is seriously the best! It’s easy to make, perfectly flavorful and packed with plenty of protein to keep you full.
I have been making this Quick and Easy Turkey Chili recipe for years and finally decided it was time to get it down on paper (keyboard?) and share it will all of you! During the cold months, I make a big pot of this for husband and myself about once a month. It honestly never gets old!
One thing I really love about chili is that each time you make it, you can tweak it a bit to make it different. For example sometimes I add sweet potatoes or instead of black beans I’ll add kidney beans. You can also change up the toppings, instead of sour cream and avocado you can use guacamole and jalapeños. However my favorite way to eat this chili is scooping it up with tortilla chips! Seriously… don’t knock it until you try it!
Ingredients you need for Turkey Chili
Red Bell Pepper
Canned Diced Tomatoes
Chili Powder, Cumin, Salt & PepperPrint
This Quick and Easy Turkey Chili is easy to make, healthy and so delicious!
About 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Yellow Onion, Diced
2 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
1 package Ground Turkey
1 28oz can Diced Tomatoes
1 15oz can Tomato Sauce
1C Chicken Broth
1 7oz can Tomato Paste
1 15oz can Corn
1 15oz can Black Beans
3 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 teaspoon Cumin
Salt & Pepper to taste (about 1/2-1 teaspoon each)
Optional if you like a spicier chili: 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat your oil and then add your chopped onion, minced garlic and chopped pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes and stir frequently.
- Add your ground turkey. Let each side brown before breaking it up and cook until no longer pink.
- Add your chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Next add your tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chicken broth, beans and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chili thickens.
- Taste and adjust flavors accordingly. If you like a spicier chili, add the cayenne pepper.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips or guacamole
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Keywords: Chili, Winter, Soup, Easy, Healthy