Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi is honestly one of the best things to happen to my weekly dinner menu. I’m pretty positive my husband would agree! We love this Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Chicken Sausage dish so much and that is why every time I’m at Trader Joe’s, I toss a few bags into my cart. They are great to have on hand when you need a quick meal or don’t feel like putting a lot of effort into dinner.
This Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Chicken Sausage recipe is one of our favorite dishes to rotate in on a week-to-week basis. You only need 5 ingredients and it takes less than 30 minutes to make. I love when little effort has great outcome!
Tips for making your sweet potato gnocchi
Forget the directions on the package! Toss the contents of the bag into a heated pan drizzled with a bit of oil and mix until the gnocchi are heated through.
Other ways to prepare your gnocchi
The great thing about gnocchi or pasta in general is you can pretty much pair it with anything. So what should you serve with sweet potato gnocchi? Well ,you can add in a variety of proteins, vegetables and sauces and make an entirely new dish each and every time. Versatility is so important when it comes to cooking.
Personally, I cannot eat the same thing every day – I like to switch it up! My husband can eat a meal he loves every single day for a year (and I’m pretty sure he has! Obviously before we lived together). Everyone is different!
How to make Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Chicken Sausage
- First you’re going to want to prepare your ingredients: Slice the onion, mushrooms and chicken sausage.
- Heat a large pan with 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil and add the onion to the pan. Sauté until they’re coated well with oil and then add the mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are about halfway cooked, add the gnocchi and chicken sausage.
- Continue to cook until the gnocchi are heated through and then add the spinach and mix until wilted.
Are Trader Joe’s Sweet Potato Gnocchi healthy?
Everything in moderation is what I always say. I wouldn’t call this dish “healthy” but I also wouldn’t call it “unhealthy”. The fact that the gnocchi are made with sweet potato > white potatoes in my opinion make them “healthier” but again, that’s my opinion! I wouldn’t eat these everyday and I always wouldn’t eat the entire package, however I do split a package with my husband about once a week and enjoy a bit of a more indulgent dinner. To beef this dinner up and add in protein and micros, I add the chicken sausage and the veggies.Print
5 ingredients and less than 30 minutes to make. What more could a busy bee ask for?
Sweet Potato Gnocchi from Trader Joe’s
Chicken sausage of your choice
- Heat your pan with the oil of your choice
- Slice your onion and add to the pan
- Add your mushrooms and when they’re halfway cooked, add your gnocchi
- While the gnocchi cooks, cut up your chicken sausage
- When the gnocchi is halfway cooked, toss in your chicken sausage
- Right before the gnocchi is ready, add your spinach
- Once the spinach has wilted, remove from the heat and serve!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: Dinner, EasyDinner, Gnocchi, TraderJoes,Easy Recipe